Heritage Restoration Sydney
Brickwork & Masonry Restoration
Over the years brickwork/sandstone can lose kerb appeal by air born contaminates such as traffic pollution carbon deposits salt runoff from lead pain. It is important to use the right chemicals on the right surface to get satisfactory results.
- Inspect – Brickwork masonry identity surface and staining, choose the right chemical for removal and compatibility.
- Protect – Surrounding surfaces from over spray, runoff, e.g. paintwork, windows, frames, lights, switches, raw timber etc.
- Application – Find the right method of application. Sprayer, roller, brush.
- Pressure – Finding the right pressure is very important as not to damage the surface being cleaned thoroughly rinse and neutralise alkaline products to stop efflorescence re-appearing. We might use soft house tenique to clean the surface when needed.
- Rejuvenate – When results are satisfactory final rinse removal, all protective plastics and tapes, then soft wash all windows frames, floors etc. To leave the surfaces fresh and clean.